Flames North is proud to announce the formation of its 2018 teams. One of Connecticut’s premier spring hockey programs, Flames North will play out of the Milford Ice Arena and for its inaugural year will offer teams at the Bantam, and Midget levels.
The main focus of Flames North is to take dedicated players and run them through high repetitions of game-used skills. Without a state or regional titles on the line, the focus of the coaching staff is on player development and fun spring tournaments where players can showcase what they have learned.
Our program will combine highly skilled and talented teams in an atmosphere that focuses on tremendous skill development, teamwork, and friendship. We take the best players to the next level by providing dedicated, professional coaching, intense training, and a winning experience. We hope you will become a part of our winning team.
- The Flames North season is 11 weeks long and begins the week of Mach 26. Click here to view the Practice Schedule.
- Bantams will practice two times per week.
- The first practice will be 80 minutes long of full ice.
- The second practice will be 70 minutes of full ice.
- Midgets one time per week for 80 minutes of full ice per practice.
- Tryouts begin the week of March 12. Click here to view the Tryout Schedule.
- Tryout fees include two 60-minutes tryouts and a practice jersey to keep.
- While we strongly encourage all players to attend both tryouts, we do understand that there may be conflicts.
- Please contact us if you can only make one tryout so that we know to take a particularly close look at your skater at that tryout.
- Flames North tuition is $1,075 for Full players and $925 for Alternate players.
- There will be 15 Full players and 6 Alternates selected per team.
- Tuition includes the cost of all practice ice, professional coaching, game jerseys and socks, and two tournaments.
- In addition to the team coaching staff, each team will be visited by a Power Skating Instructor three times during the course of the season.
- Two goalies will be selected per team.
- Flames North is will announce a dedicated goalie coach shortly.
- The Flames North goalie coach will work with each team’s goalies three times throughout the season.
What People Are Saying…
“Mike Carlucci is well known for creating his outstanding CT Flames spring hockey program at Darien. Flames North with Erik Roos will offer players local to Milford a chance to particiapte in the same high-quality spring program.”- CT Flames Parent
“Erik Roos is a passionate, dedicated hockey coach who has changed my son’s hockey game. I am excited for my son to have the opportunity to play with him in the spring season as well. I’m sure he will have a great year next year.”- SCYH Parent
“Mike’s energy and enthusiasm on the ice are unmatched. He brings out the best in all his players, and really brings kids together as a team. I feel lucky my son can have him as a coach for both winter and spring hockey.”- NCWC Parent